Thoughtful Designs by Maurizio Pellizzoni
at Maison D’Opulence
Classic Taste. Contemporary Style. Italian Touch.
Maison D’Opulence is proud to add another exclusive designer range of furniture and home decor, featuring prominent Italian interior architect Maurizio Pellizonni’s work. Since he established Maurizio Pellizzoni Ltd., his work has taken him to different places around the world.
Maurizio has impressed wherever his work took him. His contemporary, thought provoking designs for residential and commercial projects are creating a buzz. His approach to high end interior design is simple; he works directly with the leading suppliers, architects, builders, and design specialists in the field. This helps produce unique spaces with each carrying its own character and story.
Big City Living
Maurizio draws inspiration from the cosmopolitan lifestyle, and that reflects in his designs across residential and commercial projects. As an interior architect, designer, and planner, Maurizio knows what it takes to style a place and bring individuality to each and every space he touches.
Maurizio’s collection is everything you expect from a luxury furniture and interior design brand, and more. Sophisticated, elegant, and inspiring are some of the words that describe his heightened sense of style which is making waves in London and other parts of the world.
The Touch of Contemporary Elegance
Maurizio Pellizzoni is truly a work of art, with every feature speaking volumes of the craft and exceptional attention to detail. Today, the designer stands tall amongst the most prominent names in the world, having successfully worked on prime properties in London, Europe, and the United States.
One of the highlights in nearly a decade’s worth of excellence in interior designing has been a 4-page feature in GQ Magazine where Maurizio was tasked to design a Bachelor Pad. Needless to say, it was impressive, and further cemented his legacy as a pioneer in contemporary interior design.
Breathtaking Style and Ideas
Maurizio believes in interpreting the tastes and desires of his clients, rather than imposing his own. He’s as comfortable working on projects from scratch. His aesthetic brilliance is inspired by the glamour of Lake Como where he grew up. He also incorporates the opulence of cosmopolitan New York and charm of London where he currently resides in his projects.
So when finally talking to Maurizio, we were excited to learn what inspires him, how his craft has matured over the years, and what it means to have his brand featured on Maison D’Opulence. His interior design consultancy is truly a success story, starting from scratch nine years ago to earning achievements, awards, and reputation around the world.
Q&A WITH UNIQUE INTERIOR ARCHITECT
- SINCE FOUNDING YOUR CONSULTANCY MAURIZIO PELLIZZONI 9 YEARS AGO, HOW WOULD YOU DESCRIBE YOUR JOURNEY TO WHERE YOU ARE TODAY?
- The whole journey has been extremely exciting, starting from scratch to where I am now was not always easy but during the last 9 years of my career I have expanded and grown my design ideas.
- WHAT ARE THE FIRM’S MOST MEMORABLE HIGHLIGHTS SO FAR?
- I have many memorable highlights, a recent completion of a project in the USA has been a real highlight, but also being able to work on some of the most prime properties in London and Europe. I am extremely proud of all the amazing features, nationally and internationally that have showcased my work, which has been recognised with some prestigious awards, which are very important for my career. One of my latest highlights was the 4 page spread in GQ Magazine where I was asked to work on their Bachelor Pad feature.
- YOUR ITALIAN APPRECIATION OF STYLE AND DESIGN TO A RANGE OF RESIDENTIAL AND COMMERCIAL PROJECTS COMES FROM WHERE?
- I am from lake Como, most probably one of the most beautiful places on the planet, so I am very lucky to have grown up somewhere where style was part of my every day life. Also coming form North Italy has been very influential in terms of design as this is where most of the big Italian furniture makers are from and this will always be part of who I am.
- IN WHAT WAY DOES BEING INVOLVED WITH THE ARCHITECTURE AND THE INTERIORS AID THE DEVELOPMENT OF A PROJECT?
- I think it always helps to have an interior designer and architect involved from the beginning. I know most of the clients out there think this could be more expensive but in reality it could save time and money to have everyone involved from the beginning of each project. They will both complement each other for a great end result.
- COMMERCIAL, RESIDENTIAL, INTERIORS, ARCHITECTURE – YOU DO IT ALL. DO YOU HAVE A PERSONAL FAVOURITE?
- I love design, so for me, everything that’s related to design is my favourite! I love to be involved in creating something whether it be a residential project or designing a collection such as the Begravia rug, which was a recent collaboration for Colbourns.
- WHERE DO YOU TURN FOR DESIGN INSPIRATION?
- I get inspiration from all around me, from every day life to a big city like London or New York, but also from cinema. I love to watch old movies where you can find some great inspiration.
- ARE THERE ANY TRENDS YOU’RE SEEING EMERGING THIS YEAR?
- I think design is now moving into creating a more luxurious feel, I think this has emerged following the past years of recession where everyone was very careful in spending money. We are now moving into a new phase where the use of luxury materials is more engaged.
- WHAT ARE YOU WORKING ON AT THE MOMENT?
- I’m currently working on some residential projects here in the UK and Milan. I’m also working on the design of the new Colbourns showroom, which will open in September.
- WHAT’S THE BEST PIECE OF DESIGN ADVICE YOU COULD GIVE?
- Consider everything in the details before committing to anything, including understanding what you need from the final design.
- WHERE DO YOU SEE YOUR SELF IN NEXT FIVE YEARS?
- I am hoping to take on more projects abroad, especially in the USA.
- WHAT’S YOUR MOST PERSONAL TREASURED PIECE OF FURNITURE?
- Most probably the Charles Eames lounge chair upholstered in Missoni fabric, a true design piece.
Now Available At Maison D’Opulence
Maison D’Opulence is very selective in housing new and upcoming luxury brands, which gets to show how refined Maurizio’s collection is to make it to our boutique. Featuring a fantastic range of contemporary furniture and luxurious home decor materials, the lavish yet sophisticated touch of Maurizio is now available to our members. Get inspired and live the cosmopolitan high life with the Maurizio Pellizzoni collection.
Show Now from the Exclusive Range of Maurizio Pellizzoni
BELGRAVIA POLISHED COTTON RUG - BLUE
BELGRAVIA POLISHED COTTON RUG
BELGRAVIA POLISHED COTTON RUG - ORANGE
BELGRAVIA POLISHED COTTON RUG - ORANGE
BELGRAVIA DULL SILK RUG - BLUE
BELGRAVIA DULL SILK RUG - PLUM
BELGRAVIA POLISHED COTTON RUG - PLUM
BELGRAVIA DULL SILK RUG - GREY
BELGRAVIA DULL SILK RUG